Are you a daily Whatsapp user? And thinking about How to Restore WhatsApp backup from Google Drive? Is it possible to restore Whatsapp backup from Google Drive? The answer is it depends. There are two methods for backing up Whatsapp Data from Google Drive.
1. Method – Restoring Backup Automatically
This is the easiest and simple method for restoring Whatsapp Backup from Google Drive. There are some requirements for this method.
- Number should be same
- Gmail connected to Google Drive should be same
- Whatsapp should be official (if you made the backup from Business Whatsapp then use that one)
- Active and fast internet connection
Here is the method of restoring backup from Google Drive.
- Uninstall the official Whatsapp/ Whatsapp Business.
- Now, reinstall it again.
- Enter the phone number
- Verify it
- It will ask for backup.
- Now click on Backup
- Wait for the backup to complete.
- It will take a few minutes.
- That’s all
I hope with this method you can easily backup your Whastapp chats and data safely. Follow all the steps carefully and make sure that you have all requirements completed then you can only backup.
Why can’t I backup from Google Drive?
This one is also one of the most asked questions about Whatsapp? So, here is the answer for it. First of all make sure that you have backed up Whatsapp even you are using some mod apk of whatsapp like Gb Whatsapp, Whatsapp plus or yo whatsapp etc. Then make sure you are using the same phone number, same gmail and same Whatsapp for backing up. If you do not complete the requirements then you can’t backup Whatsapp from Google Drive.
2. Method – Restoring Whatsapp Backup From Google Drive Manually
This method requires some technical knowledge of android. If you want to backup Whastapp manually then follow these steps carefully. Requirements for this method are also the same as the automatic one but in this method gmail can be different. Follow these steps for backing up your Whatsapp.
- Download the Whatsapp Backup from Google Drive.
- Now, go to the file manager of your phone.
- Click on Whatsapp and replace the files with the files you got in the backup.
- Open Whatsapp and see all your data.
- That’s all you need to do for backing up manually.
Note: Sometimes this method won’t work on some android devices. For that you should try the automatic method for backing up chats.
There is an app named as MobileTrans, which is used to transfer social apps backup between iphone to android, android to android, iphone to iphone, and in several android devices. For this method open the MobileTrans app in your computer and connect your android device. Go to the Whatsapp backup transfer option and click on it. It will start backing up your Whatsapp data. After that, connect the other device and go to restore Whatsapp backup. It will restore all your Whatsapp backup in your second device. That’s all you need to do for backing up your Whatsapp with a semi-automatic method, which is quite helpful and easy for backing up social media apps from one device to second.
Leave a Reply